Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

The 3.7's and external crossovers that just arrived ? 

Who makes external crossovers for Thiel speakers ?  

vair68robert - I susepect it's they guy who makes aftermarket 'fixes' for various speakers. when I spoke with him a few years ago he said his units 'fixed known abberations in the Thiel's upper midrange'. Rob Gillum bought one to measure and said he was reducing amplitude across the upper midrange and introducing phase-shift. Parts quality was significantly below Thiel's standards. These units are 'pre-crossovers', not replacements. They pre-shape the signal before it goes to the internal crossover.

Again I'm speculating what's up, could be something else.

Hi Thiel speaker aficionado!

I have a question regarding a low frequency powered subwoofer speaker addition to my stereo setup. In my case its the CS2.4 towers and Pass Labs X150.8 stereo amplifier along with one REL S/812 powered sub.

Out of the gate I can tell it’s more than capable of producing more LF than will ever be needed so its in a good location. (front corner facing the listening position directly behind left channel speaker) Connected up via the high level speakon input connection directly from the Pass amplifier to integrate seamlessly with my CS2.4 mains.

Does anyone have tips tricks to get optimal crossover adjustments dialed in perfectly? I’m going mostly by ear and its currently set to 12 o’clock at the level/gain knob and 2 o’clock at the Crossover knob. Phase switch is set to 180

Best regards,