Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant

biannuzzi22

Thank You for the follow up w/ Rob at CSS.  Do you have any other Amp consideration(s) beside Peachtree ?

Happy Listening!

biannuzzi22

Good to read that you had a positive consultation with Rob at CSS. Thank You for citing the Protectant 303 and Silver solder.

Happy Listening!

Jafant, I'm currently using a JK Acoustics Passive 5, which is an old school design from The Netherlands. Very minimalist when it comes to the number of components.

Great to hear that you've experienced both, I'd bee interested to hear your experiences! Since I'm in no real rush to upgrade, I'm also considering holding out for a hybrid design which runs on pure class A when little power is required.

@lars888888 Power output into 4 Ohms isn’t that relevant. Power output into 2 Ohms is. Look for something with between 400 and 1600 Watts into 2 Ohms. Personally I would look for something with at least 800 Watts into 2 Ohms. 

lars888888

There is not much difference between the 3b and 4b-st other than power ratings. Both amps have the Bryston house sound. Both amps can be matched nicely with Tube or SS pre-amps.

Which hybrid design amp are you considering? What other Gear is in your System?

Happy Listening!