Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
ctsooner

Nice score! on the Brinkmann. Keep me posted as you massage the DAC into your room/system.

Happy Listening!
yyzsantabarbara

Thank You for the CODA update. There are a few threads over on Audio Asylum referring the Gustard X26 Pro for those interested.

Happy Listening!
Hi guys,

Been a while. Hope all is well. Still here and lurking mostly. I still have my 3.6 which I have had for around 20 years now. However, I am presented with an opportunity to get a Sophia 3 so I'm at a crossroad. Not sure if I should do it or not...
Any firsthand experience with switching from a 3.6 to a Sophia or something else? Thanks,
jay
Guys, my observation from afar is that you guys are like we Vandersteen owners.  The major reason we are so drawn to these two designs are because they are time and phase correct.  It's the only reason I find other GREAT speakers not my favorite or where I put my money.

I know a ton of Vandersteen owners who have owned original Thiels and visa versa.  It's very rare that someone who owns Thiels won't also like Vandersteen's and visa versa.  That's not marketing hype, that's really life listening.  Not everyone hears the difference between a phase and time correct speaker, but I bet 95% or more of you folks on this thread do.  JMHO

@ctsooner , I couldn’t agree more, but it’s curious how many that don’t appreciate the time coherence assume that there wouldn’t be cross appreciation of the brands by the owners of each. I regularly read of people that have or do own both. FWIW, I think the Dunlavy’s are in the mix, and perhaps even more so for Thiel owners.