Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Brayeagle, have to admit that my subwoofers fixed any bass deficiencies of my 3.7. current measurements show bass extension down in the teens. 
Can anyone direct me to the pages that would have specific 2.4 vs 2.7 listening comparisons?  My understanding is the entire 2.7 low-frequency system is pure 2.4 (cabinet loading, woofer itself, radiator, XO tweaks only to better match woofer roll-off to 3.7 coax), yes?  The 2.7 is the only full-size Thiel of their last 15+ years I haven't heard.
Unsound, 
Thanks for your insights! I had also been considering Hegel 390i and possibly the Ayre EX-8. Any thoughts out there on  pairing these with CS2s?
@altx, I’m not really versed in the intergrated market. iIntergrateds do offer value in reducing the significant cost of case work, reduced cabling and shelf space. On the other hand, if you notice the top pres often have separate power supplies, as do the Uber high end power amps. Typically separate power amps offer better isolation of noise and heat and better possible weight distribution. Often one will see higher class A bias, and or better power delivery into lower impedances from a manufacturers separates than from their own comparable intergrateds

Both the Hegel and the Ayre’s have received rave reviews. I haven’t heard the Hegel’s in any sort of serious context. I have no opinion on them. I’ve only heard the early Ayer separates. I found those Ayre’s too rolled off in the top end for my liking. YMMV. The more recent models have been described as sounding quite different. As I posted earlier, the CS 2’s with their 6 Ohm nominal / 5 Ohm minimum super smooth impedance, and fairly easy 88 dB sensitivity are from a technical stand point rather easy to drive. You should have plenty of options to choose from. Just be mindful of the CS 2’s sonic signature.
 At these prices have you considered moving up the Thiel line?
Hegel makes nice products.  I use a Hegel H190 in a secondary system driving a pair of Ohm Microwalsh Talls.