Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
hi Paco and welcome.   i have owned Thiel speakers since 1985 and have had four sets of the two series ending with the 2.7's.  Now have the 3.7's. However for the past 20 years or so,  regardless of speaker, i have been sitting in the same spot.  you did not mention how far apart you have your speakers but i have mine about 3.5 feet from the back wall and they are roughly 9' apart from tweeter to tweeter,  and about 7' from my ear.   I believe in nearfield listening as it ameliorates  a lot of the room issues.  I still use room treatments but not a lot.  Before you start trying all those room treatments,  try moving into a different position as i think 9' is a long way to be from the speakers unless they are very far apart.  Also make sure your ear is below the tweeter,  not above.  this is just a starting point for you.  one suggestion: buy a spare mid/tweeter from Rob. Those drivers can be a bit touchy sometimes.
Out of curiosity, is anyone else getting weird stretched-width formatting for this page of the thread?
jafant and ronkent,

Thx for the welcome.

ronkent, The speakers are 6'8" apart cabinet to cabinet.  I'm going to try moving about 8' away.  I put them on spikes yesterday which seemed to improve the sound...tweeters are now at or slightly above ear level...helped a bit but not quite there. I've also asked Rob for prices..roughly about $1000 for a complete set for 1 speaker.  May get 2 sets just in case if I can improve the sound.

prof, not just you.  I had the same issue using Firefox.  Format looks right on Safari.  Strange.

For their CS models Thiel suggested a minimum of 8’ from speaker to listener for proper driver intergration and time alignment, with a minimum of 1’ and ideally 3’-3.5’ and preferably even more from back of cabinet to wall and a minimum 3’ and preferable 5’ or more from sidewalls/corners in a forward firing equilateal triangle as a starting point for most of their loudspeakers. Thiel measured their speakers from a distance of 3 meters (just shy of 10’). The single co-axial driver models have some different placement reccomendations.