Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Oblgny so sorry to learn about your run of bad luck. I had to offload my very nice old gear about 10 years ago when I moved continents. Never an easy thing to do but what I can tell you is that it at least gave me a chance to reassess what I had before and very gradually build a much more effective system from the ground up. It took some time, but I’m very happy with where I’m at. I really hope the same for you. Starting afresh at least enables you to apply acquired knowledge and to learn from the equipment purchasing mistakes we’ve all made in the past.

The best discovery was the Thiel 3.5s that have gone on to become the fulcrum of my system.
Death and Rebirth lives at the center of life - at the heart of understanding. Finding grace in that process ranks as a central challenge and measure of our consciousness. I see music as a key unlocking access to that path.

I beg your permission to suggest a piano album I worked on, Dana Cunningham's first album Dancing at the Gate. Enjoy the journey.

I met young Dana after she had recorded her earliest work in a small room on a 5' Kawai with a single pair of simple mics to ordinary late 90's digital tape - mastered well enough to sell at retreats. I remastered those songs on then (Y2K) audiophile level equipment with my Classe and CS2 2s as monitors. The result transformed the album from being something to hear into an involving musical journey. I think it provides that key more directly than her later Color of Light album produced by Will Ackerman of Windham Hill Records fame, using 18 mics and $multimillion gear. Live music direct to the heart.
Tom,
I went to Amazon and they have 'Dancing at the Gate' on CD. Which version is your remaster... they show two different covers and release dates.
Thanks

Larry, I see that Amazon "manufacturers this product to order". I would not recommend that option. We manufactured the original CD at Sanyo USA (best of form) on the late night shift for best quality. I believe that original version is what is on Dana's site. I suggest you go there.
 Must agree with Tom.  Over time, I've ordered classical CDs from Amazon that were no longer available currently, but had to be produced as a "one order" item.

I have yet to receive a decent one.  Grrr!