Thiel 1.6 - bass

Hi, I love my Thiel 1.6, including it's tight clean bass, but I am wondering if there are ways to effectively extend the bass even lower. Have any of you effectively matched a good sub to the Thiel 1.6? Or, have you found an amp that particularly emphasises the the bass?

I'm using Plinius 8200 mk II currently. It's quite a good match. (my friend tried a First Sound preamp with pass amp or CJ 11a - awesome!).

Ok, any ideas for bass?

While we are at it, what amp have you heard that works well with Thiel 1.6?

Thanks
Art
artmaltman
Leon, having owned the 1.5s and having auditioned the 1.6s, I find it hard to believe that you don't feel a loss in the bottom end. You're lucky, then. Even though I wound up with the M20s, which by themselves, have more bottom end extension than the 1.6s, it still wasn't enough for me. Had to, and glad I did, go with a sub. peace, warren
Warrenh, actually it could be our listening preferences. I'm fine with the low frequency my 1.6 extends to. And if it went lower than what you had listened to before it could be any of the following factors: electronics, cables, room acoustics, cd player, etc... One thing is clear 'tho - it's not luck.
Well, here's an update: I am getting nice low frequencies with my 1.6's now. Some changes in cabling, power strip amp and preamp did it. Oh yeah, positioning too. Nonetheless, I'll keep watching for a REL Strata to show up used. This might be tough - they show up rarely and last minutes.
Thanks,
Art
ps: the biggest surprise was the sonic effect of the Cardas power strip. wow. BTW I'm using a First Sound preamp and CJ 11a that I've borrowed from a friend and the sound is extremely refined, detailed, natural and robust now. Still once I introduced the power strip my Plinius 8200 mk II was quite extended and refined top to bottom and I just might stick with it after this loaner period ends.