The Olive Symphony: The mega iPod for your stereo

I just read about this new component, The Olive Symphony in the NY TImes. It sounds like a new revolution in stereo components.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/27/technology/circuits/27pogue.html?th&emc=th

What do you think?

Peace
Ross
rosstaman
Edesilva, that's the whole point. Hide the internal workings of the computer and design a simple human interface. Do you think any iPod users care what operating system the Pod uses?
Onhwy61--I agree that the Olive represents an attempt to mask a computer with a more friendly face. I guess my problem is that for any moderately technically competent user--like most of the folks on A'gon--its hard to see the value proposition. Face it, if you can operate a browser, you can surely run iTunes. Frankly, your computer probably already has enough horsepower and disk space to play in this game, and all you need is a reasonable interface between the computer and the stereo... A M-Audio Transit is what, like $100 bucks? I guess my $0.02 for anyone thinking of this is that two years from now, you will feel an awful lot better if you make the moderate investment in learning enough about computers to go with a normal platform instead of this kind of box...
An rca video out port would be nice - you could then control the unit remotely from any area in the house using something similar to a russound cav6.6
another thought, maybe just maybe it will get Ipod kids back to thinking about home audio, and thats good for everybody!
wouldnt the new option of wireless be cool for folks who dont have a house wired for sound? Seems pretty cool to me but I doubt I will ever buy one.