The New Synergistic Research Purple Fuses

This thread is intended for those who are actually using the new SR Purple Fuses. In my system, they are a significant improvement over the SR Orange fuses. What are your impressions? 

Frank
128x128oregonpapa
Post removed 

Ted

I kind of assumed the writing was the direction of the fuse but not guaranteed.  Question, does it matter if your ground plug is on top or the bottom of the plug?

I am a relatively new audiophile and still very much learning how to listen and how to tweet, but I have been a fast study.  The good news is that I am only 41, which I perceive is pretty young for this hobby.  I think I have settled on my system components (for now), so just trying to learn about the differences fuses can make. The one question I am trying to understand is what fuses make the biggest impact?      Do they follow the same rules as the power cables, seems the DAC/ Pre-amp was most beneficial to an upgraded cable.  Or is it the mono block amplifiers where there is the most current flow.   Also do people upgrade just the main power fuse, or any other “rail” fuses that may exist inside the boxes.  

TIA for answering my NOOB questions 

glory,

Google this audiogon thread:

Quantum Science Audio light blue fuse; $71, what a bargain!

It’s one of the threads that the moderators took down for reasons some of us thought rather unfair.

I’m still working on getting my SR Purp, but I do have 2 QSA Light Blue, if this is the fuse you’re talking about. It is very good. And some say it is/was better than the SR Orange. To my rig it sounded fantastic for only $71 bucks each.

Is it better than the the SR Purp? Not according to oregonpapa, as he has compared the QSA Light Blue to the QSA Yellow at $213, and the QSA Yellow to the SR Purp at $200 and found them wanting compared to the SR Purp. And as others have mentioned here also.

Post removed