The new Synergistic Research BLUE fuses ....

New SR BLUE fuse thread ...

I’ve replaced all 5 of the SR BLACK fuses in my system with the new SR BLUE fuses. Cold, out of the box, the BLUE fuses stomped the fully broken-in SR BLACKS in a big way. As good as the SR BLACK fuses were/are, especially in comparison with the SR RED fuses, SR has found another break-through in fuses.

1. Musicality ... The system is totally seamless at this point. Its as if there is no system in the room, only a wall to wall, front to back and floor to ceiling music presentation with true to life tonality from the various instruments.

2. Extension ... I’ve seemed to gain about an octave in low bass response. This has the effect of putting more meat on the bones of the instruments. Highs are very extended, breathing new life into my magic percussion recordings. Vibes, chimes, bells, and triangles positioned in the rear of the orchestra all have improved. I’ve experienced no roll-off of the highs what so ever with the new BLUE fuses. Just a more relaxed natural presentation.

3. Dynamics ... This is a huge improvement over the BLACK fuses. Piano and vibes fans ... this is fantastic.

I have a Japanese audiophile CD of Flamenco music ... the foot stomps on the stage, the hand clapping and the castanets are present like never before. Want to hear natural sounding castanets? Get the BLUE fuses.

4. Mid range ... Ha! Put on your favorite Ben Webster album ... and a pair of adult diapers. Play Chris Connor singing "All About Ronnie," its to die for.

Quick .... someone here HAS to buy this double album. Its a bargain at this price. Audiophile sound, excellent performance by the one and only Chris Connor. Yes, its mono ... but so what? Its so good you won’t miss the stereo effects. If you’re the lucky person who scores this album, please post your results here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRASONIC-CLEAN-The-Finest-Of-CHRIS-CONNOR-Bethlehem-Jazz-1975-NM-UNPLAYED-...

Overall impressions:

Where the RED fuses took about 20 hours to sound their best, and the BLACK fuses took upwards of 200 hours of total break-in, the BLUE fuses sounded really good right out of the box ... and that’s without doing anything about proper directional positioning. Not that the BLUE fuses don’t need breaking in, they do. The improvement continues through week three. Its a gradual break-in thing where each listening session is better than the last.

Everything I described above continues to break new ground in my system as the fuses continue breaking in. Quite honestly, I find it difficult to tear myself away from the system in order to get things done. Its truly been transformed into a magical music machine. With the expenditure of $150.00 and a 30 day return policy there’s really nothing to lose. In my system, its like upgrading to a better pre amp, amp, CD player or phono stage. Highly recommended.

Kudos to Ted Denney and the entire staff at SR. Amazing stuff, guys. :-)

Frank

PS: If you try the SR BLUE fuses, please post your results here. Seems the naysayers, the Debbie Downers and Negative Nellie’s have hijacked the original RED fuse thread. A pox on their houses and their Pioneer receivers.

Frank

128x128oregonpapa

@uberwaltz

Nothing that could not be explained or discovered.  Delivering a safe aircraft to the flying public demands that no weird anomalies exist. If it is acting strangely there is always a reason and it must be discovered and corrected. 

Also note that fuses do not have a direction as AC flows equally in both directions. 
I went to the Synergistics website and was greeted with nonsensical marketing terms of things that do not exist and a claim about what physicists know with absolutely no citation much less a credible one. Even if it did somehow alter anything, it would only be absorbed by the ripple softening capacitors in the power supply. The rails take Rectified and filtered DC only with electrons flowing in one direction at the same speed on each rail which is a constant given. I somehow envision that someone will market exotic diodes for power supplies in the future that some will claim transforms and lift veils and never knew how good their equipment could sound even though diodes only consist of two semiconductors, one doped with P type doping and one with N type doping and are either forward or reverse biased depending on the polarity of the input but plenty of people would buy into the marketing.

Apparently only Synergistics  has found a way to use Quantum Mechanics in a fuse that nobody else has. Perhaps they should use this knowledge for advanced space travel by bending the destination toward them and getting the hell away from us.

This no different than all the useless pills and books advertised on TV promising to transform you to the vitality of a 17 year old with a libido the size of Texas. If we spent half as much on healthcare as we do on useless nonsense, there would be no healthcare crisis, not related to audio but the exact same concept.

This reminds me of twenty years ago where this company was selling fake rocks to place on your equipment to absorb whatever the pet emi devil that was marketed at the time. I knew someone who dissected one only to find a piece of dupont corian inside. He threatened to go to CES and throw it from a high balcony so it breaks on the pavement and others could see what was really inside. They were rather nervous and begged him not to do it.
"When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."
— Jonathan Swift 

Complicated statement, often misread, especially in this context...

dwstudeman is calling audiophiles dopes if we believe fuses and directionality make an audible difference.  Fine, calls us names but it won't change the FACT that 10,000s of audiophiles believe differently as well as some manufacturers.  My skeptical manufacturing friend heard it and chose to change from fuses to circuit breakers to increase the surface area of the protection circuit, just like putting a large gauge wire or metal block in the place of a tiny fuse wire.  That's the only reason he came up with for the vast difference between fuses-that they are NOT made the same or operate the same way and are different.  Otherwise, he's satisfied that there exists a difference even without explaining the why of it.