The Music Room

With all the talk about PayPal and the IRS, I'm considering other ways to sell my unused gear. I've been thinking about The Music Room. I have the system I want and have no need for trade ins. Has anyone else sold items to The Music Room? How was your experience? Did they give you a decent price for your gear (I understand they need to make a profit too). I just don't want any complications come tax season next year...

mewsickbuff

They offer rather low on gear you want to sell. I sell on my own. 

I have bought a few things from them and returned 1 of them. That was useful since I hated the component.

I have successfully sold several items to TMR.   Each transaction was easy and quick.   The lower price that they offer is well worth the lower hassle of selling the items myself online.   They even handle the shipping and once they sent a logistics company to palletize the shipment.  Highly recommended.

I have also seen an item that I have sold to TMR on their website and they perfectly described the item.  Each dent, smudge and scritch was pictured clearly.  Again highly recommended.

I have traded/upgraded for preowned four times with TMR - headphones, phono preamp, server, and power conditioner.  All good experiences.  You will get less than attempting to sell yourself.  But you will not need to list and deal with the public.  You will pay more than buying directly from an independent.  But TMR certifies the units operation, provide accurate descriptions of cosmetics, package well, and ship on time.   You do not have to deal with sellers subjective opinion on the condition of their unit or scams.   TMR offers a return policy - sort of a guarantee. Consider the lower sale and higher purchase price over independent public sale a service charge. I am very happy with my 4 transacions. 

You will not get for like used. Even 50% on average maybe 40% of its cost and you 

pay the. Shipping most of the times with TMR.