The molecular level explanation of "cable burn-in"

According to one cable seller

"The insulation (or dielectric) will absorb energy from the conductor when a current is flowing (i.e. when music is playing). This energy-absorption causes the dielectric's molecules to re-arrange themselves from a random order into a uniform order. When the molecules have been rearranged, the dielectric will absorb less energy & consequently cause less distortion."

So it’s the plastic polymer (as dielectric insulation) to undergo some sort of molecular rearrangements to minimize the distortion. Probably one of the greatest scientific discoveries ever!

“Many premium AC cords constrict or compress the audio transient as their characteristic impedance restricts the transient current.”

We all know impedance restricts current but how possibly “many” premium AC cords constrict/compress the audio transient (when not carrying audio signal)? Then again is it achieved by this molecular rearrangements of the cable insulation?

Unfortunately there are no measurement data or mathematical formulas to be found to back up this amazing scientific discovery. Simply “it happens”. So I came up with a formula for them.

∆E = P - SoT

∆E: energy absorbed by dielectric

P: energy (power) drawn from wall outlet

So : Smake Oile

T: Dielectric Transition Temperature

classicrockfan

Two Styrofoam cups and 20 feet of string works great for me.

I order drinks from my wife, Wilma, in the kitchen for my friend Barney and me.

Fred,

Yabadabbadoo!

rodman99999

Thanks for all your inputs. Filtration through the common mode choke EMI combined with galvanic isolation of the transformer should be able to eliminate unwanted signal noise completely. This is not my opinion but one of the established principles of signal electronics. But I agree with you on "   however good the filter, the cleaner whatever goes in: the less work the filter has to do and the cleaner the output." Happy listening!

You got the usual response from the folks who have crap for audio systems, can’t be bothered to try, or have genetically inferior hearing.

That said I think you have left out a lot for other factors on cable break in.

One of many others that can’t ignore is that electrons are physical particles and are charge aligned as they leave an amp. .
flowing thru a cable with metallurgical imperfections will cause the electrons to bounce around and get displaced in relation to each other. Overtime some level of these Imperfections will get smoothened out just like water will do to rocks overtime.

This I also believe is another factor for break in. I am sure there are more reasons causing us with better audio systems and ears to experience cable break in differences.

@tomic601 -

As I've mentioned in the past:

Feynman was and will remain, my favorite lecturer (yeah: I'm that old).

He mentioned often (and: I took to heart) his favorite Rule of Life: "Never stop learning!"

For all his genius, he never grew overly confident in his beliefs.    The perfect obverse to the Dunning-Kruger sufferer.

ie:  “I can live with doubt and uncertainty and not knowing. I think it is much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers that might be wrong.”

and: “I have approximate answers, and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything.”

Tesla is probably my favorite innovator, who (despite the incessant, projectile vomit, from his day's naysayers), took the World, kicking and screaming, into the 20th century, with his inventions.

His thoughts: 

“Anti-social behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists.”

“All that was great in the past was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed, only to emerge all the more powerfully, all the more triumphantly from the struggle.”

Happy listening!

rodman99999

Tesla is probably my favorite innovator, who (despite the incessant, projectile vomit, from his day's naysayers), took the World, kicking and screaming, into the 20th century, with his inventions.

I agree! He was one of the greatest electrical engineers/physicists/inventors who ever lived... all of his work done based on science/engineering principles. What if he were still alive would he ever want to know about all these snake oil DBS/articulation console/network box and cable burn-in and power conditioners and tweaks. He would scream "i don't do snake oil"