THE LITTLE BLACK BOX, 399.00 ABSOLUTLY NUTS

I need a little black XLR junction box for a famous turntable......Two XLR jacks and a 4 pin jack 399.00 please....What is going on here, you can buy a whole amplifier for that ??   I offered a dealer  200.00 for one and he laughed at me......Are  we the buyers going crazy paying that ????
autospec
Something does not sound right, did you call the Dealer for an explanation? There is no reasonable reason why a retailer would request the item back unless he was under the impression that the item was going to be abandoned by the intended recipient. With respect to your money, I assume that you paid via credit card, therefore, you are protected.
BRF    The part was paid for with Pay-Pal on Nov.12-17.......Some things are not meant to be and this must be one of them.......I think its time to get rid of this VPI stuff and move on......Keep a eye on Audiogon for the sale....Will
Hey Will, just sent you an email.  I can't speak to your experience with our dealer but in the end we always try to help everyone out.  Let's all take a breath, get you that box, and all get back to enjoying our music :)
Mat:    Thanks for your e-mail on this , but I'm pretty much done with this VPI thing......I'm not getting anywhere , and I'm wasting many hours.....So I think I need to get rid of this stuff......And listen to my Rega......Will
@autospec wrote - I have emailed the VPI dealer no less than 8 times to get a tracking number

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out what happened here. While the dealer was closed for Thanksgiving, autospec emailed him 8-times and I imagine each subsequent email became more and more abusive until the Dealer finally said “enough”, and canceled the order. It's called Karma!