The best CD Player for the money

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING A CD PLAYER AND I DONT KNOW WHICH WAY TO GO.WITH SO MANY TO CHOOSE FROM I WANT TO PURCHASE SOMETHING GOOD BUT I DONT WANT TO SPEND 10,000 EITHER.
jazze22
I had the Cambridge Audio D500SE for several years. I had to return it for warranty service once, then after the warranty was up it died again.

I then bought a Rotel RCD-1072.
None.

Try a LINN Akurate DS w/ 24/96 or 24/192 WAV and FLAC - there is not a CD player made on this earth that will compete with it under $15,000.
some one talk to me about the high failure rate of these rega saturn and apollos i was about to pull the trigger on a one year old apollo now should i be concerned?
Dawgzdad:
I have enjoyed my Saturn for 5 years without any failures. In the early days, listener reports stated that better sonics could be obtained by turning off the display. So, I turned the display off and found myself sometimes jumping the gun on the initialization process, hitting 'play' before the initialization had finished, without knowing it. That caused the program to reset, which seemed like a malfunction. Since I figured out my operator error about 4 years ago, I have had only a handful of startup glitches, most of which were resolved by opening/closing the lid. I do think that one time in these past few years I did need to turn off the unit and then immediately back on to reset the machine. I have experienced no other issues.