The Best Amplifier Ever ?

OK, let's get the straight scoop! Stereophile reviewers want to push the Halcro dm58 (and presumably the dm68) into a newly formed A+ category because it is the best amplifier ever. For a moment, let's assume something like a "best" can exist, at least for one person at a time. Is this the end for all other amps in the proximate price range? Paul Bolin used words like "jaw dropping" and "utter disbelief" -- Oh I know that journalists like that kind of thing, but Mr. Bolin basically says that nothing else comes close to comparison. No contest. Not in the same league. Even in Stereophile, I can't recall something quite that glowing (except maybe for the Boulder 2008 phono preamp). What do you think?
ozfly
deletions; 1961 reverberocket, due to availability (tubes), 1964 super reverb, replaced by new model (not yet reviewed), 1964 twin reverb, now too expensive for sound quality offered.
Hey i like my lamm's but for 10k +/- I'm not sure... I have a (don't laugh now) nakamichi pa7 that we went through and changed all wiring to 24k wire, upgraded the PC, put in black gates etc...I would compare it to ANY SS amp and were
only into it for about 1000.00....The point is reviews are based upon how much $$$ you spend in advertising. Try making up your own line of anything and then go get it reviewed, you will see what I'm talking about. Listen to what your ears tell you, not what someone else "tells you" your going to hear. You'll be allot happier and have allot more $$$ left over.

Craig D
Ed .. clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder (or beerholder). I thought that amp looked like a high end food processor.