Tekton Electron SE

I had a pair of Tekton Double Impacts that I sold when I moved to a smaller home. After a year of evaluating various smaller speakers I decided to go back to Tekton but with the more compact Electron SE. In my room these speakers work perfectly. The bass on these smaller speakers is unbelievably deep and tight. I miss none of the punch from the bigger Double Impacts. On mine's I used a single Beryllium tweeter on the middle of the array. The tops on these are very extended and crisp clear more so than the DBs. The imaging and sweet-spot is electrostatic-like with excellent ability to present the faintest details in a recording. In my appreciation other than the ability to convey a "bigger" bass the Electrons have a more refined sound and the bass in my room is more than sufficient with a tighter presntation than that of the DB's. Feel free to send questions if you have any.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwisty
" Ever notice how the relentless and over-the-top praise tends to be highly skewed towards the tiny shops led by one person? Tekton, Raven, Herron, Perfect Path Technologies (now defunct), etc... A pattern and practice of behavior.....hmmmmm... "
It seems so silly when everyone knows the best speakers are made in China & sold by Best Buy. Right?
:)
Actually if you go back and look at posts from 2013-2015 there was a lot of criticism of Tekton for over promising and under delivering. 

Then, a number of changes took place and things improved which allowed people to focus on the sound and not the complaints... and a lot of people liked the sound. 

My point... people are fast to complain about things they don’t like... Tekton deserves praise for improving and making great sounding products at a reasonable price. 

Full disclosure... I owned Tekton and enjoyed them... I now own Salks driven by a 2Cherry and really enjoy them also.
Snapsc,

Since you have experience with both, what was the Tekton model and what is the Salk model that you use(d), and how did they differ in terms of sonic characteristics?

Just bought some Double Impact SE used and all I can say is the haters haven’t listened to these

Ive owned some pretty nice speakers in my life(Vandersteen 3aSignature,KEF,Thiel 3.6,Cantons and Klipsch Chorus II) these best them all 

I use a couple of high end speakers (TAD, Schweikert) in my dedicated stereo room. I try to explore more "affordable" speakers in another room for multichannel and stereo.

Stuff from 3 designers, Andrew Jones, Danny Ritchie (GR) and Eric (Tekton) seems to consistently hit waayy above their price point. I had Tekton speakers in the past and I would put them up against some high end speakers. I only settled on the Adante series from Andrew Jones because I wanted it to be a series that I could also use for both stereo and multichannel.

There is plenty of crap posing as high end in the high end market. Only a few things are actually worth the price, ime. No, you don't always get what you paid for  I suspect that it is primarily dealers for high end lurking on forums like these that try to thread crap whenever GR, Tekton, etc are discussed. If your stuff is so pristine, why are so insecure, Mr. dealer? (tk tsk) ...Your sht should shine ever so brightly above the rest and you should have no insecurities in life...no insecurities at all about earning your daily bread (wink wink).