Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
Just picked up a set of Perfect SETs and I have to agree to all the positive comments here. These really surprised me.  Being a huge lover of the Double Impact, this speaker is perfect for smaller spaces.  Can't stop listening!

Phew, finally finished reading this thread, it was like a roller coster ride. Eric’s 7-diver array is not something new, and I have seen several similar concepts but do I care? No, I only care about how do they sound, to me, they look alright, they are not going to impress my guests in the house but I would not call them ugly. From what I have read, I feel Eric tries to keep price down and the company is short on staff especially at the CS department. The majority of the company is running by this one-man Army (Eric), LOL. Anyway, I have a pair of Tannoy Turnberry SE and Zu Druid MK5 Rev. A, both driven by 2A3/300B driven 845 mono, the preamp is Dehavilland UV3 with Mundrof SGO caps. Well, I have owned the Turnberry SE since 2013 and finally got tired of their shouting vocal, then I bought the Zu with factory ClarityCap MR and Radian 850. Both Tannoy and Zu are not perfect. Zu is doing well with vocal, both male and female, they have very attractive overtone and paint a larger picture. Tannoy play classical better and their bass is several classes above the Zu in speed, definition, leading edge, and the most importantly "the feel", yes my body, guts, and even face can feel and Tannoy when I listen to big Japanese drum; on the other hand, I can hear the bass from the Zu, don’t get me wrong, they dig deep but no thump...... very disappointed. I tried to adjust the port gaps on the Zu, put them on granite slaps......none of them worked. After reading TeaJay and others’ reviews, I am really curious about the Tekton SET 15, ya all make the SET 15 sound too good to be true but I will keep open minded. I am planing order a pair just to compare them to my Tannoy and Zu, and more likely I will upgrade the crossover myself. BTW, on their $200 upgrade option, what kind of internal wire do Eric use? The website states military specs, I know the military is mainly using two types of wiring, silver plated copper and tin plated copper. Which one is it? Or something I am not aware of????

@seamaster300m 

"The website states military specs, I know the military is mainly using two types of wiring, silver plated copper and tin plated copper. Which one is it? Or something I am not aware of????"

I know this is an ancient post, but "military spec" is cool marketing talk for anyone that has never been in the military.  I was for 8 years and 2.5 wars, and can tell you it has a negative connotation to me.

BTW, the reason the military (or at least us electronics countermeasures guys) used silver (generally) tinned wiring was melting point in a fire.  It had nothing to do with performance.