Technics SU-R1000

I suspect this equipment is too new and I’m on the bleeding edge, but . . . 

I want to cable my equalizer between the preamp and amp sections.  With every receiver I’ve seen, this would be accomplished by taking out some kind of connecting piece between the amp and preamp sections and simply cabling the equalizer in.  This unit is different, though–There’s no connecting piece to remove although there are a preamp output and an amp input. (I guess that the one side communicates with the other by magic.  Who knows?)

Here’s the problem.  There are copious and dire warnings in the manual not to cable the preamp output to the amp input and I’m not sure if this also means I can’t use the equalizer there.  I don’t want to experiment for fear that I’ll have a weighty and expensive paperweight.

The manual is mute about equalizers and I’ve emailed Technics to no avail.  Any wisdom would be appreciated.

mohaveblues

Showing 1 response by ayanamisk

@johnsonwu Hey johnsonwu, how do you handle the 100voltage equipments in japan? Are you using a step down transformer to use here in US? I am considering import one from Japan (the price is damn good...), but I am worried about the voltage input