technics sp 15

I just picked up this really nice turntable at the fleamarket for a ridiculously low price. Took it home and everything seems to work out fine except that it does not have connections for the speakers or I just cannot find them. Need help here. Thnx

meerkat

thnx ,yes that is where I saw what could be 4 or 5 pins that could connect to a plug or something similar. I will check what tone arm it has a track down a connector.

You need a DIN female plug with appropriate holes attached to the end of a two-channel cable with RCA connectors at the other end, along with a separate wire with a spade connector for grounding to a phonostage/preamp.

Jason ,you hit it right on! Thnx ,now the hunt to find the the plug with the rca connectors. Hopefully ,it works like its reputed ability and i will be one happy dude!

I hope I'm not the only person confused by this post.  I'm not familiar with this turntable -- is the OP saying the only cord attached to the base of the plinth is the power cord?  No Ground Wire or Two RCA Jacks coming out of the turntable guts?  I don't think I've ever seen a turntable built during the SP-15 era (1979 to 1988) that didn't have RCA jacks, a Ground Wire, and a Power Cord attached.  Learn something new every day.

$5.....and all this missing is a cart(ridge)....?!

@meerkat ....if it wasn’t for the fiver, you stole it. ;) +10 to the tenth...

Now, spend what It Could Have cost, and treat it to a nice cart....and enjoy.

(...spied a pair of KEF C45s’ at my local Habit-tat....decent shape, nothing but dust, drivers seem solid....going to go back with leads and battery, give ’em the ’clic’ test.

Shop needs a ’new pair of sumptin’ for the CDs’ and the cell streams....

...and $15 the pair....rated to 100 w., so they can’t blow them up immediately...*L*)

Something to compete with sanders, routers, saws, ennui... ;)