Technics SL-1210G Headshells, Record Weights, and Mats

I just received a new Technics SL-1210G and am really enjoying it with my Pure Fidelity Stratos cartridge.  Does anyone have any favorite record weights, head shells or record mats that they are using with the SL-1200/10G series?  I may also add another cartridge to the setup and swap around.  Any favorites there?  

Thanks!

badgerdms

Showing 5 responses by danmar123

I have, it’s all system dependant. Me, I settled on the Boston Mat, after 5 different mats. I also changed the arm to an SME 309 & installed the GAE arm on my 1200 mk ll & have an AT 150 mlk on that. My other carts are; Cadenza Black & Cadenza Mono & Hana ML, for the SME.

And on the GAE arm with the 150 mlx, it's mounted on a Yamamoto Carbon HS-4 Headshell.

@stereo5 It was on the bright side with certain recordings.The tubes in my SUT & Preamp are revealing. So when I decide to change Carts again from the Cadenza Black to the Hana, all I have to do is some Tube rolling. It was a VERY openCart, more like Solid State. I have less than 70 hrs.. on it & I'll keep it until - ?????

@badgerdms glad to hear monies spent wisely. I have the Teac which is minus the carbon, that is now on my EMT. I've been bouncing around the record weight for a few months now, but I'm going to hold off for now. Enjoy the music! Dan