technics 1200 cartridge and preamp choices

i'm looking for a cartridge and preamp for my technics 1200, i was wondering if you all could give me some direction. i've done quite a bit of searching on the web; from what i understand the tonearm on the 1200 is medium weight.. i've read alot of favorable reviews of the Denon dl-103 and 103R which are about in my price range ($200-300) for this type of tonearm.

for preamp, I was looking at the Grado PH-1 and the Creek OBH-8SE ($300-500 range) i'm especially interested in hearing peoples opinions of these preamps or ones of comparable value.

i'll be playing all genres of music from classical to rock.
fadeawayman
The Grado is designed for .4-4.5mv outputs, but the Denon is only .25. A higher output moving coil will work it would appear.
I definitely prefer lush over analytical. i am still learning about phonos, but as i understand now MC are more analytical so maybe MM is the way to go.

Nzera:
The KAB groovemaster looks interesting given that it is made specifically for the 1200 and is in my price range. that stylus hanging out there scares me a little though. i wouldn't expect the bellari unit to sound good given that it is so cheap, but since you have had success with this combo i will add it to my list of things to consider.

Jsd:
Unfortunately the Shelter 501 is out of my price range, but the Krell KPE is not. i will add that to my list as well.
speaking of KAB carts, the KAB-Ortofon Pro S40 looks interesting as well. I wonder how this compares to the Groovemaster, given that the S40 is slightly more expensive ($229 vs $200)
I use the KAB modded Groovemaster & Monolithic Sound pre w/ dual mono power supply. I had Dusty send me the schematic and installed NOS Holco resistors for the 75K Ohm loading. It's a Killer combo.

I also have an Ortofon HO MC, but the Groovemaster beats it.
i just bought a monolithic pre as well from a fellow audiogoner. i am leaning towards the ortofon pros40, only because KAB says there are linited supplies of replacement styluses for the groovemaster.