Technical assistance and recommendations needed

I have a decent system I believe; it is hard to tell since there are no audio clubs in the area and only one audio shop outside of a Best Buy store to hear equipment to compare. So I would recommend a forum for T/A  for folks not having an audio knowledge base.

My system is CD based and is comprised of a Marantz cd6006, Technics SUG700, Canton 9k reference speakers, SVS SB1000pro subwoofer, and a Shiits EQ. Interconnects are SVS interconnects for the SVS sub. Coax is Metabridge Ultra Series, interconnects are very old Monster cable interlink 500 and Monster m1000 mk.3., My speaker cables are from Maker Audio What I enjoy about the system is its inner detail, soundstage, and imaging. The room is a compromise but well damped 12x18 vaulted ceiling wall to wall carpets two overstuffed chairs and couch one open side wall.

The system is a bit analytic, and I would like to warm it up just a bit. So how do I add a bit more flesh/ body to the sound is it through the interconnects?  I am looking for solutions under $1000. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Scott

scott22

Showing 1 response by jmalen123

+1 for the Cardas speaker cables. You can buy the 4s11 in bulk and do your own pretty easily. No cable is an equalizer, but proper mating can really make a difference. My Klipsch Heritage speakers have all benefited from a Cardas cable of some sort over the years. Bang for buck comes to mind. Enjoy your system and get lost in the music.