Tannoy Stirlings on the way!

Hi, everybody.  Longtime member, first time caller.

I just ordered up a pair of Tannoy Stirling GR floorstanders, and, frankly, I'm looking for people to rejoice with!

I'm a speakers guy, through and through.  I've got Dynaudios, Focals, B&Ws, Totems, Wharfedales, Klipsches, and even my old Polk 5Bs, the first speakers I ever bought, way back in the '80s.  I wanted to try something very different, and the Prestige line Tannoys really spoke to me.  The coincident drivers, the old-school-ish paper cone, the old-school cabinets and ports.  I'm really looking forward to hearing how they soundstage!

I thought about getting the Turnberrys, but the Stirlings should be just about the perfect size for my [extremely irregular] room.  Especially since I already have a pair of subs.

I'm pretty chuffed.
trentmemphis
Tannoys and tubes are a great match. However, you may be limited in how loud they will play based upon the tube amps output. The Tannoys are pretty sensitive, say 89 to 91....but no where as sensitive as say a klipsch.  I went with a single ended 30 watt class A (40 w into 4 ohm) by sugden which to me sounds awesome. It goes plenty loud, although most of my listening is not loud. The Tannoys, at least the eatons, sound great even at a low volume. 
The Stirlings are rated 91, which in my room should make the Zen sufficient on the wattage front.
I think you'll love them. I've owned a pair of Integra 40 (12" dual concentric cones) since the 70's and although I now have several other speakers nothing sounds as smooth as the Tannoy's. Good listening. 
“The Stirlings are rated 91, which in my room should make the Zen sufficient on the wattage front.”

I would not recommend any amp with <30watts in pure class A. Bring in the Zen, you’ve got MC152 on hand for comparison. No doubt you would appreciate tube’s rich harmonics and intoxicating mid-range through Stirling’s but you may crave for more power in the low end region.

It’s a journey you will figure it out :-)
I have never heard any Tannoy’s but am truly excited for you. New speakers are always a blast.  Like you, I cannot part with most of my older friends- Bose 901 series 1, Klipsch Heresy and Chorus, Infinity Preludes, Ohm’s and Thiel, NHT’s.......let us know how the Tannoys sound. My wife might require a thinning of the herd but a new speaker sounds pretty exciting. Good for you and enjoy.