Tampa Audio Expo 2022

Just got back from this show today. I have been to dozens of RMAF, CES, T.H.E. shows, and others, and I have to say, this show was the worst, both on quality of sound and # of rooms that participated. We were done listening to all the rooms by early afternoon. My flight took longer than this, and I have another day to kill before leaving. There were some nice rooms that we spent more time in: MBL, Von Schweikert, Black Ice, Fink, and BØRRESEN. In the past, we would spend 3 days at a show because you went back 2x or more to the rooms you liked or it took more time to go thru all the rooms.

Hopefully next year will be better.

p05129

Showing 1 response by p05129

There is a YouTube video from avshowrooms that is gushing with rave reviews of most of the rooms. I saw them there but I’m wondering if I get went into the same rooms that I visited. They mentioned a room sounded good with speakers costing $40k. I have watched some of their reviews and prior audio shows and they were in line with the sq that I heard too, but they were way off at this show.

Im wondering if they get paid for reviews they do just like the magazines have been doing for years. If you are getting paid by ads in magazines or by reviews, then they can’t be credible. I’m not sure if this is happening here or not