Synergestic Research: SCAM

Well, I just sat down to a demo of several Synergistic Research products including the Black Box room bass resonators, their new line conditioner, their active Tranquility Base, little treble resonators and the Atmosphere room acoustics tuner.

Total scam. Never once did they just play a track while moving things around. It was always a few seconds of a track followed by a 30 seconds of so of moving stuff, etc, then another maybe 30 seconds of sound. They'd start a track and then stop it right as some instruments came in, do the change, and then continue playing where it left off. The guy doing the demo was asked twice if he could do a live a/b and he'd give an excuse about how it takes a little time for system to charge or some bs like that and the transition process would mask the differences. Absolute con BS they are DEAD to me.

Also? I could hear JACK SQUAT changes in the demo. A few people around me would comment on the changes but I could hear nothing -- at least as best I could manage with the small clips and pauses in between changes. I really tried, but I could hear nothing.

Here, I took a video of a part of the demo. I'll post it when I have a chance.

madavid0
I have been using their Black Quantum fuses and will surely buy again if they blew.

I don't care for the fact that the OP has been slamming SR in what is a very slanderous allegation, BUT, after watching the video, I must agree with him on the way the demo was performed. At the beginning while Stevie Ray Vaughn was being played, the rep stopped the music completely to turn the Tranquility bases off and on for comparison sake. Why?? These are not part of the audio chain(to my knowledge), so no risk of damage. Why not just turn them on and off while the music was playing for  a realistic A/B comparison. I think the demo was flawed, but not necessarily the products themselves. I have no SR products myself, but am curious what others that do think of the SR line. I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but it seems to be relevant to the conversation at hand. 

Nothing wrong with this demo.  I heard a small but spacial difference through my laptop.  His demo was good.  
Can anyone identify the music that was used in the demo?  I really liked it. Thanks.
I have a lot of SR products in my audio system.

Galileo UEF interconnects and speaker cables, SR level 3 power cables, USB and SE cables, 5 Tranquility bases, the SR Acoustic Art system room treatment (1 Vibratron and 2 Basic 5 packs) , FEQ and HFT, SR transporter, and two SR MK3 power cells.

I know that’s a lot of Synergistic Research gear, but it does give me a perspective in this discussion.

These devices are expensive and there may not be any provable science to support them – but they really do work. I’ve experimented by disconnected every SR device over and over again - one at a time and several together - to experience the difference in my room. It’s astounding.

How or why they work – it’s Voodoo!