SVS SB-2000 Pro/3000 vs. REL T/7x

Helping a friend put together a system.  A salesman of very reputable HiFi purveyor is suggesting the REL: 6db down at 31Hz @ $1099.  The SVS is 3db down at 19Hz at $799.  Both sealed.  SVS more than doubles REL's amp.  For less than REL's money could even bump up to the SB-3000.  What does the REL have that the SVS doesn't and vice versa?  I've looked through previous SVS/REL posts and I don't really see any compelling arguments for REL at this level, especially with DSP helping any single-sub placement these days.  Thanks!
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsumadoggie

Showing 1 response by bjesien

I’ve owned a few Rel subs up to the S/5 level. I currently own an SVS SB3000 and like it better. I like deep bass and this sounds great with my setup. Would I like to hear the Rel S/812? Sure.

If your amp doesn’t have the sub out (many don’t) you will need something like the Russound speaker-to-line-level adapter to make things work. Compare these you mentioned to the Rythmik F12G which doesn’t have the app that the SVS has but "might" be better. I once had both and it was close but I like the phone app.

Good luck with your search. To answer your other question Rel has- great marketing.