Suggestions on improvement

I'm 78 with age related  hearing decline.My current system which I do enjoy is comprised of a  Marantz CD cd 60006,Technics integrated SUG700,Canton stand mounted 9k reference speakers, and  two SVS SB1000 pro subs, Subs interconnects are SVS. Stand mounted are connected by marker cables on upper frequencies and monster cables Powerline 2 for mids and bass. 

Speakers are placed 8 ft apart the listening position is also 8 ft.The  room is untouchable,that is to say wife has fixed my location,hey no smirks, I know where my beard is buttered.The room has vaulted ceiling 14 ft(at sitting position),has one open sidewall,another is 3 ft behinds the speakers and is covered in  floor to ceiling drapes on a 9 ft wall,the third wall on one side is all glass (glass door and full length window next to it ) the final wall behind the sitting position has glass covered photos and prints.On The sides of each speaker are over stuffed chairs with a couch facing the speakers.Hanging plants are in all corners.The room has wall to wall carpeting. For domestic tranquility I can only subtract components so bass traps and alike are verboten. I listen Stones, Beatles, Who,female solos, symphonies,and jazz(sax oriented).

Are there any cheap tweeks to improve current system given the above, max budget $1000.However if can improve my sound by selling off apiece of gear and adding that revenue I'd do it, just don't know what I'd get off the sale. 

scott22

At 78, I highly recommend a Schiit Loki equalizer. Your probable hearing limitations will be greatly improved with it. Don't let the purist audiophiles talk you out of it. 

$1000 buys a lot of beard butter, but won't do much to improve your system. Get the good stuff, the high-priced spread, and enjoy your sound system as is.

Given you age related hearing dilemma, I respectfully suggest you forget about sonic improvements and get subscriptions to Roon and Qobuz and gloriously discover a whole beautiful world of new music.

You didn’t mention hearing aids

a pair of Widex Moment 440s would improve your system drastically

you would hear like your 21 again 

call Hearsource for further info

my experience was jawdropping

Good luck Willy-T

+1 for venturing into streaming.

A Bluesound Node and Qobuz subscription is well within your budget and opens the door to a ton of music discovery and enjoyment.