Suggestion between benchmark Ahb2, Bob carver crimson 275 and rogue atlas magnum 2 amos

First ever post here. I have a peachtree nova 150 integrated amp, KEF LS50 metas, a Bluesound node, a vintage technics turntable and a schiit mani phono preamp. I am making the move to a separate amp and preamp. I have a preamp (a rogue rp-1) on order and I’m looking for an amp. I think I have it narrowed down to a Benchmark AHB2, a Bob Carver Crimson 275 or a Rogue Atlas Magnum 2. would appreciate any input the group might have or any alternate suggestions.

pwoodard922

Showing 3 responses by avanti1960

Stretch a little for a new or used Rogue Audio Stereo 100.

Even though it is rated for the same 100 WPC as the Atlas, the St 100 sounds twice as powerful (better power supply circuitry).

The ST 100 is a reference quality amp that solid state cannot match IMHO. I had the 100 and sold it to buy a Pass Labs amp and still wish I had the 100. Just a dynamic, special sound.

I remember the first time I heard the LS50s.  It was partnered with high end solid state amplification and i thought they sounded very good.  The next time I heard them was a dealer that carried Raven Audio tube amplifiers.  

I was stunned at how incredible they sounded, from a 20 WPC tube amp.  So sweet and holographic.  More than enough power.  

I thought now I see why there is such buzz about these speakers.  I bought the amp on the spot and the KEFs shortly after.  

the carver looks lightweight to me, missing the bank of large power supply capacitors that the best sounding amplifiers have.  look at the chassis of the rogue audio stereo 100 or atlas magnum.  

the stereo 100 has a huge sound.