Stupid Mistake

I have been doing a demo with Merrill Audio Element 116's. Excellent amps on several levels. After around a week I went back to my Classe' CA M600s. They were off for about 7 days, the longest they have been off for aprox. 4 years. I played 5 tracks with the 116's and then hooked up the Classe's and played the same 5 tracks. The Classe' sounded lifeless! Also take into consideration Class D and Class AB. I was stunned. I hooked the 116's back up.
Well it finally dawned on me last night! The amps were stone cold! No wonder they sounded lifeless! Been playing in the Audio world for a long time! And I make a bone headed blunder like that! Needless to say got up at 4:30am switched some things around and warmed up the Classe' Amps. Now my evaluation may be more accurate! Still shaking my head...
jakesnak

Showing 2 responses by tomic601

All the world’s a stage...

man I am jealous having never seen Rush the band live in person and certainly not in some arena....

my other comment, obtuse as it may have been was really about such a deep understanding of the sonic impacts of temperature and therefore bias requirements in tube and SS devices that the music loving designer would see fit to implement liquid cooling...

carry on...
Of course there is warm, and rock solid no matter the signal liquid cooled rock solid stable warm..... :-)