Streamers made in America?

I’m having a hard time finding streamers that are made in America. I prefer audio equipment made in the USA. Lumin and AURALiC are Chinese. Aurender is Korean. Hifi Rose is Korean. PS Audio is really stalling on their streamer. Are there any options?

spearl8

Reliability is related to technology.   I wouldn't be afraid to buy surface mount gear from China (since SMT process is very repeatable) or even wave soldered thru hole, but wouldn't buy anything hand soldered, like this

No photo description available.

I don't know why people fail to understand that any and every technology product is itself the product of a global supply chain. Where did the copper come from? Where did the aluminum ore that made the aluminum for the chassis come from? Where did the rare earth in the neodymium magnets in their speakers and phono cart come from? At best, you may find a product assembled in America, using as many American parts as possible, but in no case will it be 100% American. I prefer to insist on products made on Earth by humans. Any more granular than that rapidly degrades into a tail chasing exercise.

@panzrwagn I would prefer any component made by ET. It would most likely be out of this world in comparison to what's made here. 

First off, it's about buying things that support your particular country, state, neighbor, or whatever. It's not always about better quality but that can also be a factor. We all know that just about everything electronic has parts that MUST be sourced globally. Some things cannot even be made in certain countries because of many factors, so we don't need to constantly remind audiophile type folks that the guts are from a global supply chain, they already know, everyone does, and it's not about that. I buy the best I can, and if that means there is a Made in USA source as a choice, then they will get my money as I live here. Support your country first if they make something great. I do go out of my way to find products made in my country, and it's usually worth the time spent. Everyone is also clear that sometimes the Made in USA label only means minor assembly here, and that is OK too. It still means someone here has a job and the money usually stays in the USA. It matters, and not always in some black and white way. 

@dean_palmer 

dean_palmer

12 posts

Just an idea for flexibility and sound quality, I bought this unit for CD and video as well. Panasonic DP-UB9000P1K. Audio section gets great reviews. Balanced output for 2-channel.

A Japanese company, manufactured in the Czech Republic. No issues from me other than it might be inconsistent with your above post. McIntosh still makes disc spinners.