Streamer+R2R dac+True balanced Class A preamp all-in-one?

Hi guys,

Does a full featured streamer + R2R dac + true balanced class A preamp all in one box exist in the world at this time? Ameri-fi, Euro-fi, Chi-fi, any other Asia-fi does not matter.

Budget = upto 10k

Thank you.

deep_333

Showing 7 responses by deep_333

@soix This manufacturer called Gustard (that you suggested) has gotten 2/3rds of the way there with the integrated streamer+ R2R dac for 1650 USD (8350 under budget). But, all of a sudden, integrating a higher quality class A preamp into that unit would suddenly never fit under or equal to 10k? My budget is too weak for that to happen somehow? Tell me about that fact and reality a bit more.... (we are talking about a class A preamp, not a power amp).

@designsfx thanks for the suggestion on the Bricasti. I don’t feel like pushing it past 10k for now, but, will look to try/ land something used.

@soix , looks like there are some rave reviews on the gustard’s (what a bizarre name) streamer+r2r dac sound quality, but, the preamp section is lackluster, it seems.

@pavel_dosko , I am of the belief that a integrated streamer+dac+preamp unit eliminating unnecessary cabling and non-merging of different design ethos’ from different manufacturers can churn out better in execution. I experience it in my multichannel rig....just looking to try that out in my 2 channel rig with some competent manufacturer. Indeed, it is never a good idea to throw any high power amp sections in the same chassis and that needs to be separate.

@rockrider  Non-digital inputs not needed (turntable is sitting in storage)...Not sure what this "Ring dac' is and will need to read up a bit. Eitherway, I need such a piece to add more class A-ish liquidyy gooey lushness to atleast one of my existing power amps. 

@soix  Lol, I asked you why 8350 extra wouldn't be feasible enough to throw in a better line stage. But, since your logic faltered there, you started the barking instead You thought barking your way out would buy you all your immense street cred back with the forum dudes. 

Here's a review...bow wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_YWaOc7nhU&t=633s

@jetter  yeah, I think I might pull the trigger on this Gustard. I like the British audiophile's reviews (His description of sound signatures lines up with what I've heard on stuff i trialed). If it sounds better than my current denafrips Hermes/Venus combo, I might get rid of the latter...The only con might be losing Vinshine audio/Denafrips support.

@auroravengeance , Hmm..maybe i should relax the R2R constraint and try out the Esoteric (they don't seem to mess around with build quality). On the same note, it appears to be its very own unique architecture.

https://www.esoteric.jp/en/technology/discrete_dac