streamer need...........

good morning all, i am putting together another system and need streamer only, i have 2 other existing systems i am very happy with, for reference i have the burmester 151 mk2 streamer/dac in one and i have the aurender a20 streamer/dac in the other, like both a lot.

system three is different, i have a aavik u300 with dac built into it, therefore streamer only needed, what do you guys recommend from $7500-$15000 retail

thoughts?

ckr1969

@carlsbad

Thanks for your comments.

Just to understand, what is your system? There is a place to display it under your UserID. The performace of a streamer is dependent on the rest of your system. So, it would be really helpful to understand the system you are using.

Personally, I have streamed using iPods, iPhones, PCs, MAC laptops (unplugged), as well as streamers from $3K to $22K and in every case higher quality dedicated streamers performed much better than low cost streamers. But of course, it all depends on your entire system.

My system is the Innuos zenith mk 3 streamer to Chord Dave Dac to Decware ZMA 25th anniversary. I focus on a system with great resolution and soundstage.  I know you won't make a decision based on my input.  I'm just a data point.  Best of luck.

Certainly the Grimm If you want to have an as good or hopefully better performance than the present.
I haven’t heard your Burmester or Aurender, hence I add the word ‘hopefully’.

I have not heard the Grimm MU 1. It has developed quite an impressive word of mouth reputation from those familiar with it. Seems to be a legitimate contender in the upper tier of music servers/streamers. 
Charles

I recently picked up a pre-owned Antipodes EX for £2,000 (new they were £4,500) and very happy - it cleans noise on the incoming ethernet and outputs via USB or ethernet but can be expanded.

It's quite a versatile unit which can be used in lots of different ways - streamer/roon end point/roon server and even as a DAC but the latter probably not best.

I added a "P2" which expands the outputs from ethernet and USB to include I2s coax / aes etc.