Streamer - if I can't get a CA Azur 851n then what?

Lads, I am looking for a dedicated Streamer to get my MacBook Pro out of the system. I want a CA Azur 851n but it has been discontinued and there is NO stock in the USA and used units are almost non-existent. If I can’t get a CA Azur 851n then what streamer? I am going Wifi>MacBook Pro> USB to DAC> XLR to powered AirPulse A200 Active Monitors. I do not want to give up the XLR or the A200’s. I can hardwire the streamer. .... hopefully less than $1500 USD...

canibefrank

There is currently a refurbished CA Azur 851n in silver on Ebay selling for $899 with free shipping.

Seller claims it is the last one, so better hurry!

I have one and it's great.

@oilheadoug thank you so much. I have been checking the fleabay site out for months and always got beat on the purchase. this one is all mine and in silver !!

I owned the Azur 851n and liked it a lot. Eventually moved up the line to Edge NQ

@kren0006 what is the sonic difference between the Azur 851n and the Edge NQ? I see that the same fleabag dealer has refurbs as well... when i am ready to slather my ears in the high end of sonic bliss !

So there are several differences. 851n is digital only preamp, without any analog inputs, where now also has analog. Build quality is much higher with nq as would be expected at triple the price.  851n uses analog devices dacs where nq uses ess dac. Remote with nq much higher quality. 

As for sonics, just more of everything with nq. But they have similar sonic signature. I think you’d be happy with either. The 851n definitely the better value 

@kren0006  do you still feel that the TEAC NT-505 still is sonically superior to the CA Azur 851n? In what ways does the TEAC best the Azur 851n?

Generally probably yes. Although I had Edge W power amp and perhaps the Cambridge dacs had better synergy with that amp. But on my Audio Research integrated I prefer the Teac. And the Teac having MQA is nice over the CA’s

But looks wise no contest. Teac looks very dated whereas both CA’s are great with the screen and album artwork. LUMIN interface of Teac vs StreamMagic of CA about a wash