Streamer/DAC

Hello guys, man do I enjoy my McIntosh system, but looking for a minor/major upgrade in my streamer.  Hopefully, you guys can help me out

I’ve commented in this forum a few times before. Please, any negativity towards my system/Layout can you keep it to yourself 

Thank you very much for that.

I have:

Mcintosh C53, pair of McIntosh 601’s, pair Martin Logan Renaissance 15a’s and a Bluesound node 2

I Don’t really want to invest in a new DAC.  I think the one in my McIntosh C53 is adequate enough  

Question is, if I invest in a new streamer can I expect major improvements in my sound, and if so what would you recommend 

preslisa64

Sorry, one other question. Is there a big difference in the U1 vs the U1 mini. Which one should I consider

A bit late to this thread but if I was in the OP position I'd have the Bricasti M5 and a Roon Nucleus at the top of my list. Made in the good US of A and Bricasti's customer support is about as good as it gets.

Good luck whichever route you go.

Op, what is your goal?

Basic units like the Node 2i provide streamer and DAC functionality.  You are currently only using the streamer capability.

Akin to an integrated amp - you can get a component or break things into separates (streamer and DAC).

When I was at the inflection point of "I like digital, it's convenient - how can I make it sound better"; I ended up getting a streamer/DAC. I found it easier for me and felt the improved sound and experience was worth the money.  I bought a Moon 280D (~$3k)