Stop compressing our bloody music!!!!!!!!!!!

Sign petitions:
1: Stop the Loudness War
2: Ending the LOUDNESS trend in Music
3: Bring Peace to the Loudness War.

Dynamic Range: No Quiet = No Loud (think about it)
Our ears/brains and music don’t get a chance to breathe during the quite passages.

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi

Showing 2 responses by jsd52756

Mr. Naïve here...
Is there a site that explains all this "compression" in simple terms?  I am gathering this only pertains to digital/CD type music & not LP's.
I look at the site "Album List-Dynamic Range" etc.  Tull is one of my favorites, but their albums except for a couple, are about as 2 dimensional listening-wise as you can get.  Listen to it on CD and Tull goes about as one dimensional as it can get.  But their compression rating shows really well.  I like Florence & the Machine, but man their music is all in your face so it gets tiring quickly.  
Listening to Radio Paradise & everything sounds so tremendous.  Old analog, new digital.  I don't think RP plays any vinyl.  I asked Bill once VIA email how he does it and he answered me with the processing units he uses.  RP can really get Tull sounding up a few notches.  
I don't get it and maybe I don't need to.  When the music sounds great it makes me smile.  I reckon that's the goal.  Compressed or not. Whatever that is.