stillpoints question

Is it o.k. to put integrated amp directly on top of stillpoints and risers? Any other options-thanks.
danovak
While I'm only in the process to try them out, I read Ceraballs/Cerapucs are pretty good and appropriate for this application.

My two cents.
There's no reason why not. At one point I had them under a DK integrated and they worked just fine. Also had them under an LFD amp which was fine but really didn't make much if any difference at all. Tubes would likely benefit more so than solid state and your source would likely benefit more than an amplifier. I replaced the stock Rega feet on my p9 with them and they made a more positive effect. You have to be a bit careful if you're putting them under anything that isn't fairly heavy though as the component can roll around a bit.
"You have to be a bit careful if you're putting them under anything that isn't fairly heavy though as the component can roll around a bit." --> unless you apply the small discs under the Stillpoints, which holds the Stillpoint ceramic balls in place.

Chris
If you use 3 Stillpoints place one directly under the transformer and divide the other 2 to balance the amp. They provide special Hard Coated Mini Inverse Risers to prevent rolling the gear.
I think Stillpoints is a more sophisticated design then Ceraball. They use 3 tiers of decoupling (not vertical0, while Ceraball has a direct vertical coupling like a spike or cone.