Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

@audition__audio Indeed, the box is part of the system and the designer has to take that into account. 

Simple boxes can be a problem for amateurs making DIY speakers.

Jerry

@stereo5 realize that you ar sitting in the living room of the Hatfieds and forming a negative opinion of the McCoys.

@carlsbad2 ,  Good analogy.  I said what I had to say from the heart.  There are so many manufacturers of speakers, probably thousands and life is just too short.  I don't even like the looks of the speaker line and would not put them in my main system which is in our living room.  My wife has been extremely silent over the years of all the equipment that has gone through our living room, not to mention changing speakers in there 5 times over 30 years.  The only comment she made was that my T Refs are almost as tall as I am, but that's it.  

@coralkong

It would appear that you do not know the meaning of the word "supposition". I do not "hate" these speakers, what a silly comment you made. I could not buy them even if they sounded fantastic as every time I played them their looks would upset my stomach.