Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Trying to compare Rockport  is Insanity, their cabinet design and damping is

light years above .

I never considered a Tekton speaker as I already have a Legacy Signature III which out performs the Moab, especially in dispersion.  The B&W 801 D4 is a serious speaker for the price made in huge quantities by a very careful major manufacturer.  I prefer the boutique Von Schweikert as do my friends.  Tekton-not for us.   They are mostly budget friendly though for lower resolving, full bodied sounding floorstanders.  They also do not compete with other major companies like Revel, Wilson, Magico, etc.  

Tektondesign seems to have a fixation on Focal Utopias. Speaking as an owner of Stella Utopias, i wouldnt stand on a pair of tektons to clean my Stellas.

While it’s good that he builds speakers for the visually impaired, his sales patter would be enough to drive me away even if i were unable to see the godawful designs he produces. They’re cheap for a reason.

They would be disruptive to my marriage. 

And it didn't help that "disruptive" was the middle name of a Tekton fan boy. Or did it?

One more thing....marketing disruptivity...an Amazon or Dollar General principle?

Jpwarren indeed it will disrupt your marriage those are 30k? Not every wife will let you bring 30k in your house? I checked your system and space ? It looks like monitor speakers are the only one will fit.