Stereophile review of the $30,000 tekton speakers

We have had many discussions/arguments over tekton speakers in the past, mainly involving a couple posters who thought their $4000 tektons sounded better than the highest price Wilson’s and other high budget speakers.

In the latest Stereophile magazine, they did a review of the $30,000 tekton’s. In this Steteophile issue, they rate these $30,000 tekton’s as class B. When you look at the other speakers that are in the class B section, you will notice most of these speakers range in price from $5000-$8000. So it looks like you have to spend $30,000 on a pair of tekton’s to equal a pair of $5000 Klipsch Forte IV’s sound quality. 
If I compare these $30,000 class B tekton’s, to some of the class A speakers, there are some class A speakers for 1/2 the price (Dutch & Dutch 8C, Goldenear triton reference), or other class A speakers that are cheaper (Magico A5, Kef blade 2).

p05129

Showing 8 responses by audioman58

Joke of the week.

they spent over $30 k in advertising . I have helped upgrade  several Tekton  Xovers 

cabinets ring like a bell ,drivers are not even close to world class ,I emailed them and they refused to state Xover brand parts, answer proprietary ,that would hold up on the exact type or method ,it has -0 to do with capacitor,resistor,or inductor quality, wire quality, or quality of binding posts. When spending over $10k you have the right to know what’s inside ,you are sending good $$ there are many well known brands you can get for $30k and look good doing it .Nothing more to add.

Hey corelli i have been modding speakers for 

Years ,i call it as i see it ,if you dont want read my 

Opinion then thats on you ,freedom of speech !!

You are right those speakers are way too ugly 

For any living room, bulls eyes with a coffin 

For design   for $30k what would you buy ?

For value the Perlisten line as well as X series 

BORRESEN LINE ARE VERY GOOD EXAMPLES FOR Far less $$

The drivers are not even close to What Denmark has to offer in quality vs say a Scan speak Revalator , or Seas , China specials. or and the look 👀 ,how many spouses would want this mass of 🎯 🎯  Bulls 👁️ Frigidaire look in their living Room , maybe offer a door for beer 🍺 might help !!

Trying to compare Rockport  is Insanity, their cabinet design and damping is

light years above .

I have helped rebuild several of these speakers 

The cAbinets are a joke ,just mdf and ring like a bell

The drivers are of a ? Brand and the Xover 

Very low quality. They ever put a electrolytic capacitor

In the Xover that magnitudes more noise .

In any quality speaker poly caps or foil only   the inductors were low quality iron 

Sledge hammer type, the $30k model a giant coffin 

AnD THE BS on competing with Any quality speaker 

No way,big soundstage , thats it no great imaging 

Payed  for reviews. Why do you think they were very hot 2 years ago

Now average sales at best,and good luck on the 

Resale market, sad but True !!

I am in a multi state audioclub, if you look at reviews going back 2-3 years ago 

with all the farfair. Being in audio for decades and owning a Audio store.

I went through the politics of reviews and spoke with Companies that had excellent products ,were the magazine reviewers stated clearly put $$ x amount of $$ on 1/2 or full page ads $30k+ and we will see too you get very good reviews , 

one company ESP won speaker of the year late 90s , and several years later 

out of business because he was small he got average reviews there after plenty of politics in Audio, and myself having help upgrade many Loudspeaker Xovers 

have over 20+ years in Xover parts quality which greatly influence the sound,

I just speak about what is possible to improve the sound quality and the Xover is a weakness on most loudspeakers even over $20k ,.most mfg have no formal experience with that many parts .where I have well over 10,000 actual hours on capacitors Sonic signature and runin time on the majority of capacitors out there .

check this out  As a good reference , Humble Home made hifi capacitor test.

also Jantzen make the best quality inductors for quality,value imo.

Also the Excellent Path Audio resistors.

I gave my opinion i dont owe anyone an explanation

These are my observations .i will leave it at that.