Stereo amp options

Hi all,

I’m setting up a system in a new room. I’ll be using my Martin Logan motion series, 2.1 only. I’m only interested in a turn table and WiFi streaming as sources.

I haven’t yet picked out a turn table.

what are some good options for amps? I would prefer phono pre, preamp, and amp all integrated. I don’t really have any brand preferences other than I’ve always liked Yamaha.

Budget... would prefer to stay under 5k, and really I like to be frugal, but I can stretch to 5k if needed

thanks!

magneplanman
I don’t think that one you can stream over WiFi.  Are there external sources for that?

I’m considering the R-N803 but it’s on backorder
You can add an outboard streamer. If you want it built in take a look at the R-N602? It looks like it is the same as the 803 with 80 watts instead of 100 watts!!
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022RN602/Yamaha-R-N602.html
I will preface this by saying this would be pushing your budget but meets all your needs in one box.  There is a new AVM CS 2.3 BT all-in-one unit coming out this month.  It will have a built in phono, wifi for streaming, an excellent DAC and will be Roon ready or you can use their proprietary app.  Also will have Airplay and BT built in.  

The distributor has told me they will have samples this month so unfortunately it would take a little bit to get it.  I would expect delivery in October.  And like I said, this is pushing your budget but you would only need to add a turntable.  Everything else is built in. 

AVMs sound profile is very natural to a hair warm.  Compared to Yamaha, it will be warm as Yamaha tends to be a hair forward.  You will see AVM is highly recommended by TAS and HiFi News, it is just a brand that is more popular in Europe than in the US.  

This is the old model
https://avm.audio/masterpiece/inspiration-cs-2-2-bt/

The old unit had 165w of power so plenty of power to drive most speakers.  I would expect the new unit to be in the same range in terms of power.  

It should have a similar feature set to the CS 8.3 which is available right now but that is their flagship unit and is like $15K and 500w of power.   

They make a killer turntable that has a similar aesthetic look with a glowing blue platter but it is not inexpensive.  The R2.3 is the model and I think is really cool looking.  Pair extremely well with Ortofon cartridges.