Step up From Rogue RP-5

Hello, first time poster here. 
My system currently consists of Rogue Audio RP-5, Rogue MP-180 Monoblocks, denafrips Venus II DAC with Focal Sopra n2 speakers. That upgrade itch is there :)  I’m curious about the ARC LS28SE  also its big brother the 6SE in comparison. I like the price of the LS28SE more of course, but wonder what you give up from the 6SE. 
Love to hear your thoughts. 
Cheers!

robnpg

@audphile1 Rogue is great don’t get me wrong but Audio Research is Audio Research

I've owned a couple of AR pre-amps. They have a place. Mostly for systems that play at high volumes, very flat sounding (flat as in good). I listen at low volumes and prefer a pre-amp with a little more flavor. 

Great question on the budget Avanti. I want to stay below $10k if possible. Additional challenge is that I used the built in Phono stage of the RP-5. That means I will have to budget a stage. The Zesto Deluxe was on my radar there, but I think that’s another $8k also. So right there I’m looking at potentially $18k.

You'll be walking on water with that budget. You can buy an end all be all phono with that budget as well.  I'm also considering upgrading from my Primaluna Pre to either an Arc Ls28se or Ref6 as well. I'll be following this closely. 

@robnpg 

i have had the cary audio slp 05 for a year and a half and just love the sound.  does everything well, works with tube or ss amps.  balanced ins and out.  

buy from cary direct and you will have plenty left for a world class phono preamp.

note, i did not get the ultimate upgrade or any upgrade options and glad i didnt, the sound topples anything i have owned or heard.