Steam cleaning records 2

Continuation of large thread.
thommas
Try the auto supply section at Walmart. They have a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors.
Speaking of which...

After having some really bad lint issues with microfiber cloths I bought at Lowes, I've been on the lookout for something else. So, I was in Walmart on Sunday and I found this

https://www.cleantools.net/WebSite/productDesc.aspx?pid=3

It's called the Absorber and it's a synthetic chamois. I bought one and used it when I steamed about a dozen records this morning. I used one side for the initial steaming and the other side for the finish steaming. It works very well at picking up moisture and is about as lint free as anything could be.

Anyone ever tried this product? Any potential downside?
thanks for the info re micro-fiber cloths. could you tell us at what section in Target it is in?
I have to thank the members on this thread. Thanks especially to Creml and Stltrains. Why? Cause steam cleaning records it the greatest thing since sliced bread.

When I started reading, thinking, "What a foolish notion, steam cleaning records." Well, color me foolish. The more I read the more I wanted to try it. So, I bought the Shark cleaner, and went to town. Cleaned dirty used records, cleaned new records, cleaned clean records already sucked by my VPI 16.5. The combo of the 16.5 and steam is genius.

The sound? Records I'd listened to many times (That were already cleaned!) took on a new life. Lower lows, more defined highs. Just more there there.

If you haven't already, spend the dough and do it. You're gonna love it.

Thanks again!