Stacking subwoofers

Dear,

I have a REL Carbon Special. Due to my room, it’s behind me in a corner with my speakers in front of me. I have the opportunity to buy two extra REL Carbon Special. I’ve been looking into line array… but I can’t place a stereo pair (the so called sixpack). Is it even worth the hassle to for from 1 to a stack of 3? Or should I focus on a REL 31/32 instead?

thx 

128x128koenvingerhoets

Why vertical arrays instead of horizontal arrays?  The answer is probably in the room mode you are having problems with.  I encourage the use of the AM Acoustics room mode simulator to help understand your room modes as well as opportunities for speaker and bass trap placement.

I still remember the conversation I had with Randy from JL Audio. I mentioned that I had 4 JL-F113 in the corners of my room and he suggested stacking two of them in the front corners instead. He said that the Gotham series is very similar to that approach. Never tried it but, I still wonder...

ozzy

To conclude: I didn't go for three REL Carbon Special's stacked. It would also require additional connectors, more power cables, a tower of speakers in a living room with cats, etc.

I eventually bought a REL No 32. Works just fine :)