Stack Audio-SmoothLAN Network Filter- WOW!

I just received this item that I purchased from Stack Audio after being impressed with the AUVA 100 Speaker footers.

For any of the Audio Streamers out there, my initial comment as to this item: The SmoothLAN Network Filter is WOW!

From first plug in, the soundstage deepened and widened immensely. How the heck this occurs is nothing short of amazing. I have tried many of the major brand ethernet filters, and some of them, maybe, did something. But not enough to keep them. I either sent them back or sold them. I did however keep an iFi Silencer unit.

My digital streaming consists of an EtherRegen sending out the signal via Fiber to my Lumin X1. I have the Stack Audio device going into the EtherRegen from the Modem.

And, since I have my Apple TV coming out of the EtherRegen it will be interesting to see if the Video improves.

Check out the review in EAR.

Stack Audio Smooth-LAN For Clean Streaming | The Ear (the-ear.net)

ozzy

128x128ozzy

Hi @greg_f ​​​​@ozzy 

Thanks for the detailed replies. Much appreciated.

greg_f, where can I find the SFP thread you mentioned?  By ‘CA’, do you mean Canuck Audiomart?

My Cisco switch is an old Catalyst 2960 (which had been recommended in these forums as a low-cost high-quality switch), so that may be contributing to the compatibility issue.

Best, JAMES

@jimboman - Think CA refers to the site previously known as Computer Audiophile (now Audiophile Style). Did a search there on SFP and this may be the thread @greg_f was referring to: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/59632-optical-networking-sfps Hope that helps!

With the improved sound quality results the SmoothLan gave on my main audio system, I added a SmoothLan to my Home Theatre System which is also used as a second audio system. I installed it between my second Fiber Media Converter and my streamer/DAC and like the first one it provides an excellent SQ improvement. Great affordable tweak that really gives a nice bump on my modest system.