SS vs. Tubes with Vandersteen 2ce sig II

Hello everyone,
I have been driving my Vandersteen 2ce Signature IIs with tube integrateds since I bought them 4 years ago. My current amp is a PrimaLuna Dialog HP Premium with the stock EL34s and NOS Ciftes in the preamp section. I am searching for a bit more clarity, especially in the mids. I would consider moving to a solid state power amp and either tube or ss preamp if it would provide the clarity I am looking for (and if I could find a buyer for my PL). Wondering if anyone out there has made the move from tube integrated to solid state power amp with their Vandys, and what sonic differences you noticed. I have heard good reports about Ayre and Bryston, for example, and have seen several of each for sale here (looking at used gear only). My room is sizeable and multipurpose--open floor plan, with 15' ceilings. Listening position is about 7' from the speakers, which are pulled out about 3 feet from the back wall.

Thanks.

Vandersteen 2ce Signature II, PrimaLuna Dialog Premium, VPI Prime, Hana SH, SimAudio Moon 110 lp with outboard power supply, Jolida 100A, Auralic Altair, Mapleshade Golden Helix (double runs in biwire configuration), various interconnects (Blue Jeans, Signal, Heartland), GIK Acoustics room treatments.
eskelinfan
@OP,
Good move on PM'ing Johnny.
Sometimes he doesn't check his Agon PM's, so I will give him a reminder...
And, as far as tubes go Ralph Karsten (atmasphere) would be someone who might be able to offer some info.
Bob
Great--thanks, Bob. If I decide to stay with tubes, I will likely hang onto the PL, and think about rolling in an octet of KT150s. Looking forward to hearing what John has to say.
I had a great conversation with John Rutan yesterday. What a cool guy! He spent about a half hour with me, asking about my system, my room, and my music preferences. I mentioned that I am a jazz musician, and he told me about the drummer Billy Drummond's Vandy 3 system. He said Billy uses a Bryston 3B he bought on the cheap (used, I assume) and a Modulus preamp. He also talked to me about the problems in pairing tube preamps with ss power amps. All in all, he gave me a lot to think about. I am planning now to save up some coin so I can dive into used ss separates while retaining my PL integrated so I can compare them better. Chances are that if I don't dig the ss stuff, I can resell it here. Likewise the PL--not a lot of those  coming up for sale here.

Thanks so much for connecting me with John, Bob. Much appreciated.

@eskelinfan
He also talked to me about the problems in pairing tube preamps with ss power amps.

Sometimes I rotate in different class A/AB SS amps with my own 6sn7 based tube preamp just to remember where I came from and revisit every once in while. The hybrid tube-pre and ss-amp approach can sound more lush and open at first, yet it still has that two dimensional sound for my ears. While I do like the hybrid approach for a bit, then put any of the tube amps back into play, and the layered three dimensional sound and more relaxed sound stage with all-tube returns. The choice also depends on what type of presentation you are looking for, and once you go back and forth a few times, you’ll get a better idea on what you prefer. 
@OP, 
Glad to be of service. That is what this forum is for.
Johnny is one of the best dealers out there. And, believe me, as a NYC guy, I came to hate dealers with a passion. But, Mr. Rutan broke the mold.
Bob