Spendor speakers

Hello

I'm looking into Spendor speakers,what's some of the classic,great models to look out for,sleeper models too.
Good value models,vintage is fine too..

Thanks!
mcgarick
I'm thinking Spendor, and am interested in them because of these vintage B&W DM4's I picked up. The Spendor BC1 was very much the same,same mid and super tweeters as the DM4's.
These vintage B&W's are freakin wonderful and totally open. So,I thought Spendor's would be worth checkin out too.

Thanks for all the comments and info!
I've owned a paid of Spendor 1/2s for four years and still wonder at their ability to embody acoustic string (bluegrass, Malian, etc.) and put across well-recorded piano music, like Debussy and Oscar Peterson. Solo voice, like Naïve's Vivaldi recordings, also flourish. Since I bought these black beauties from a Nashville Audiogon seller, and the vintage is plausible, I like to imagine they were Johnny Cash's way of hearing. On the warm side, as others have noted. If you prefer the dry and analytical, these Spendors may seem just a little too wet. But if you're like me, B&W (for example) sound like sandpaper blocks. Personally, these old Spendors make my ears grin.
Have owned my S100s now for 18 years and very content with them. Curious if u still have you have yours or what u may have replaced them with.
I can't quite match Gthgmg with his 18 years, but I have owned my SP100s for 11 years and am still very happy with their sound. I recently investigated several speakers that have attracted a lot of press lately, but I haven't heard anything so far that makes me want to pull the trigger. The SP100 isn't perfect, but it does manage to do so many things right that I find it very satisfying over the long haul. When I listen to it, I hear music and I don't start making mental lists of its shortcomings.
When I 1st chimed in on this thread my S100's were 19 yrs old. I got 'em for Xmas in 1990 so obviously they're 22 yrs old! I'm listening to these bad boys right NOW!;) We're rockin' in the new year! It's obvious from mine and other similar posts that Spendor's are keepers!