Spendor SP200 Speakers, and a Few Others

I've read a good bit about Spendor speakers in the forum over the years and always been intrigued, but I've read very little on the SP200. Anyone out there heard them?

For context, I've been pretty happy with my Tekton Encores, but am spending part of my spring auditioning alternatives just to see what else is out there. I currently have some Wolf Von Langa SON speakers in on audition and will be auditioning Fyne F704 speakers this weekend, which should be a fun contrast to the dimunitive (at least relative to the Encores, the F704s, and the Spendors) but truly excellent SONs. I have well over a hundred hours on the SONs now and they still seem to be fleshing out and opening up more and more each day, but I'm not yet convinced we have a love connection. Fortunately, I have them for another ten days or so before having to decide. I could potentially audition the Spendors as well, but it would be a long drive to hear them.

In any case, I would welcome anyone's experiences with any of these speakers, the Spendors included. 

For context, my room is 20 x 20 with a cathedral ceiling and I will be driving whichever speaker I ultimately choose with the Boulder 866, which I just love. I'm hoping to find speakers I love just as much. Ah, spring, when young hearts grow restless and audiophiles ponder system changes!

128x128waltersalas
https://www.whathifi.com/us/spendor/classic-200/review

https://www.hifinews.com/content/spendor-classic-200ti-loudspeaker

https://www.hifinews.com/content/spendor-classic-200ti-loudspeaker

very good sound, but more forward voicing compared to the original s100/sp100 from the spencer/derek hughes days - which is consistent with what has been reported over time on more recent iterations of the ’classic’ series models from spendor since the change of ownership --- ’modernization’ of the sound palette... and depending on your tastes, exposure and entry point, it can be a good or bad thing...

with the sp200 form factor, better have a hand truck or several strong young men available hehe
   Those Fyne F704 look really cool. Would love to hear your feedback on those. 
    I heard some Spendor either S100 or SP100 a while back at my uncles home. They were good for sure. Depending on your listening preference they would definitely be lacking slam compared to your Tektons and sound totally different. Very easy to listen to. Great vocals. To me rock sounded a bit slow and slightly lacking dynamics.
    What are your thoughts on the Tektons compared to the  Wolf Von Langa SON so far?
    I had some DIs for a couple years and eventually moved on from them. Amazing for the money. Mostly good memories with them although i do like most things about my new speakers better except probably mid bass which they were totally awesome at. Would consider Tektons again at some point but would move up the line to something like the Encores for hopefully a little more refinement. Where are you located Walter? If you decide to sell your Encores I would be a potential buyer maybe. 

@mofojo 

I'm in western North Carolina. I probably will be selling the Encores, even though they are wonderful speakers and a great value even at their current list price.

The SONs are also excellent, stunning sound for a relatively small speaker and very musical. I can imagine they'd be blissful with tubes, even though they sounded very fine indeed with my Boulder 866.

But then I auditioned the Fyne F704s on Friday in Florida, and it was game, set, and match. In some ways, I believe these are the speakers I've been looking for for twenty years. Stunning dynamics, incredible presence, just very alive and musical. My auditioning is over. I can hear my wife laughing as I write this.