Speakers known for great midrange.

I’m looking for a pair of stand mount speakers with great midrange. Smooth,and syrupy. Powering them with Pass INT-25. Any suggestions are appreciated.

128x128travisg

I had a pair of older Spendor 2/3s that were wonderful for the midrange with tubes. Contrary to what folks say I thought they rocked well with rock music as well. Not to mention the great deal I got on them with stands included. I think buying used with speakers is the way to go, provided you trust the seller’s packing ability. Bought the Spendors and my EgglestonWorks floorstanders from A’gon. 

+1 for Dynaudio. Have owned their products for 30 years, and most recently bought a pair of pre-owned C1 Platinum's for $3500 from TMR. All the usual audiophile superlatives apply plus midrange in spades, and bass that defies the laws of physics for a cabinet their size.

@travisg

watched the video -- well for that fellow, his experience, it’s not good, harbeth needs to clean up its act, lots small companies have had issues last couple years, for obvious reasons

that said, no company is perfect, there are always a small %age of q-c issues that get out even in 'normal times'... for me, i have owned 5 pair of harbeths over the years, recently bought fresh 40.3 xd’s and helped a fellow audiophile buy a set of new super 5+ xd ... no quality issues, and of course, terrific sound... but maybe we didn’t look closely enough? 🤔😁

Klipsch Heritage series, like Heresy IV, Forte IV (but that one can be picky w positioning), or Cornwall if you have the space. 

The new KLH model 5 has good mids.

And of course the oldies but goodies EPI (Epicure) like Epi 100 or Epi 50 or their new iterations by Human Speakers like the model 81 (or new HS parts in old Epi or Epicure cabinets...).  I've had Epi 100 for 40 years, now updated w Human parts, and it has provided decades of hard-to-beat beauty.  Maybe -- and I say maybe -- not the "final word" in detail or imaging, but extraordinary nonetheless and I have heard many many much more expensive speakers (take the Yamaha NS1000 as just one example) that I'd pass on in favor of the Epi.  The tweeter, especially the new Human Speakers iteration, is truly one of the best overall generalists and the woofer is no slouch... tight and clear.  Linear, dispersed and non-demanding of placement and seating, and no-fatiguing rich clear musical sound.  Add a sub for below 40 or maybe 50, and you're golden. I ran 'em without sub for most of the time I've had them, and they are great even so...