Speaker upgrade for Primaluna EVO 300 - Looking to find some audio nirvana bliss!

I have a Primaluna EVO 300  with KT120s running into Rega RS5 speakers.  When I use my tube Fosgate phono stage, the system is pretty awesome. ( Warm thick and alive). 

Without the phono stage, the sound is a little thinner, a little less bass, and a little less alive.  I've had my Rega speakers for almost 15 years and am ready to upgrade.  

I listen to rock: REM, Nora Jones, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, Zeppelin, etc.  

I have an old  Cayin Spark HA-1A EL84 headphone amp I listen to with Grado PS500e headphones.  That's the sound I want.  Thick and real.  It draws me in.  

My budget is up to $5,000.  I'm good with used.  

I'm dealing with limited space or I probably would've already bought the Klipsch Forte IV speakers.  I need something no more than 12" wide.  I'd prefer small towers, like my current Regas.  

What speakers am I looking for?

randybrinkman

Showing 2 responses by soix

I posted this earlier that got removed and I can’t begin to understand why as it violates none of their guidelines.  Oh well, here goes again…DeVore would be good speakers to explore as they’re natural and slightly warm sounding and are easy to drive for tubes.  The Gibbon range is slim, and here’s an example of something you might like to consider.  Best of luck. 
https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649970845-devore-fidelity-the-nines-great-condition-walnut/