Speaker stands for Reference 3A De Capo i

I need to buy speaker stands for my new Reference 3A De Capo i. I saw that many brands like Atlantis or Lovan have two talls: 24" or 28". Which one I must buy ?
Please let me know your experience.
Thanks,
Pablo
elduende14
check out www.skylanstands.com where they have made custom stands for many speakers including yours. They offer standard sizes as well and I can say that I have always been very pleased with what they have built for me and no I don't own the company...
I have the DeCapo-i and I use a stand that is 24". However, I have found that the speaker is better at about 26" and, to achieve this height, I have put my stands/speakers on 2" thick would blocks. This seems to work just fine. I believe the Reference 3A manufacturer, Divergent Tech, recommends a height of 26 to 28 inches. Of course, the height of your speaker stand will influenced by the height of your listening chair.
The De Capo's have incredible bass when placed on the right stands. I pine after a pair of Partington Super Dreadnought stands, but they are only available in the UK. Currently use 24 inch B&W stands lead filled.
I did a search one time regarding monitor stands and one of the names which seemed to come up most often as the best is Osiris. The Osiris looks to be built like a tank. Whatever you decide, make sure that they are heavy metal with hopefully the option to fill with lead buckshot or sand to add further to the weight as well as provide dampening effects. The extra weight also helps when toddlers and pets or maids bump into the stands. Good luck.

P.S. I just found a bargain on this website for a pair of Lovan stands for only $99.00, and that includes free shipping. I liked the deal so much for my bedroom monitors that I ordered a pair for myself for Christmas. Yes, Virginia. There is a Santa Claus...
http:/www.lovanusa.com/promotion.php

If you choose to go with a budget stand, the high mass stand from PartsExpress is pretty good too. I think they still sell for $99 and they use a thick steel plate on the top and bottom and have a single thick/heavy fillable post.

Enjoy,

TIC